Maresa is a qualified nutritionist with a passion for helping those who want to take control of their health. She specialises in digestive health complaints, but sees clients with a whole range of concerns including weight management, fatigue, recurrent infections, poor immunity, chronic stress and healthy ageing.
Maresa studied nutritional therapy with the Institute for Optimum Nutrition in London and is registered with the British Association for Applied Nutrition & Nutritional Therapy and the Complementary & Natural Healthcare Council.
She adopts a holistic approach to health, looking at the whole person rather than individual symptoms and believes that creating a warm, friendly environment in which clients have time to fully discuss their health concerns, is key to a successful outcome. A personalised plan is developed for each client and recommendations may include dietary changes, lifestyle adjustments and supplement support.
Depending upon client needs and goals, Maresa uses a variety of tools to help build the most successful plan for her clients. These include:
- Computerised diet analysis with report, to highlight any deficiencies or excess
- Tanita scales to measure body composition, hydration levels, metabolic age, visceral fat level etc.
- Food intolerance testing to identify any problem foods
- Laboratory testing services
- CNHC database to check interactions and contraindications between medications and supplements
Above all, Maresa works with her clients, always listening to their needs and helping them to design a manageable programme that works for them.
Maresa Mae Nutrition